Disney Plus is the latest streaming service launched by a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. The service has all your favorite Disney content, but it is recently showing trends of technical errors. The “Error code 83” is one of the most common issues that users face.
This article will be dealing with the reasons as well as solutions to the issue of error code 83.
What Is Error 83 on Disney Plus?
If you see the Disney Plus error code 83 while signing onto the service, it either means you are facing issues with your internet connection, or there is a problem related to the hardware.
Internet Connection Issue
If you see this message error, there could be some kind of problem with your internet connection that needs to be addressed:
One, it could be the server of Disney Plus itself that is getting punched with too many signups at once. If that is the case, unfortunately, you cannot do much about it. Just allow some time to the server to settle down and handle the signup load again.
Two, it could be your local internet provider that has been facing issues of its own. If that is the case, you might consider calling your Internet Service Provider to check if their servers and routers are experiencing problems connecting to Disney Plus.
Device Compatibility Issue
The second possible reason to see the Disney Plus error code 83 directs to some kind of malware in the device you are using to sign up to the service. In that case, you could consider trying a few simple things that might solve it.
First things first, do make sure that your device is compatible with Disney Plus. If the device is compatible, still you see the Error 83 message, then go through the pointers below. You will find a fix, most certainly.
- First, you may also try the most traditional workaround in the tech world, turn the device off, and then turn it back on again.
- If you are using a mobile device, set-top box, or smart TV, be sure that the Disney Plus app is updated to the latest version.
- You can also try updating your device’s firmware. Most probably, it will solve your issue.
- Disney Plus officially says that it only supports PC web browsers for Windows and Mac, including Chrome, Microsoft Explorer and Edge, Firefox, and Apple Safari.
So, if you are trying to use a web browser on a smart TV or set-top box, it is highly likely to get an Error 83 message. In this is the case, you should find a compatible Disney Plus app for your device.
- Disney Plus has still not officially announced its support to Linux PCs. However, many Linux users with a web browser have been able to sign onto Disney Plus successfully. But since this is not guaranteed, you are likely to see an Error 83 message while using a Linux PC.
- If you are using a PC desktop or laptop to log in to Disney Plus, you might see the Error 83 message when you first sign up through a web browser. Further, you might be asked to verify that your PC can playback protected content. On clicking the “Allow” option, the Error 83 message might appear. In that case, just click on the “Dismiss” option and try again. The browser should allow you to play the video this time.
These were all the solutions possible to fix the error 83 on Disney Plus.Try all of these one-by-one to find the right one for you.